Learn About Early Child Care and Education
Where Great Futures Begin
Early Care and Education (ECE) operates an award-winning, accredited, nationally recognized program that is highly effective in supporting the recruitment and retention of faculty, students and staff who are key to the mission of the University. Our name portrays the scope of our services to campus families, giving emphasis to the importance of early education experiences in light of knowledge gained from current brain development research.
Basic Care Information
UCLA Early Care and Education operates three accredited child care centers. We serve the diverse population of UCLA’s student, staff and faculty families. Hours of operation vary during COVID-19 per center and fall within 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, throughout the year. Financial need-based assistance is available for eligible student families only; per space availability and CA State contract guidelines.
Each classroom is staffed by three full-time Early Childhood teachers with Child Development Permits from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Many of our teachers are working on advanced degrees.
Age Groups and Fees
Full-time monthly fees effective September 1, 2020. The monthly rate is an annual fee based on the age of the child, divided for your convenience into 12 equal monthly payments. For current rates, please visit Applicant Pool Forms, Fee Assistance.
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Recognized by High Scope Educational Research Foundation and NAEYC as an exemplary campus-based early childhood program.
- Respects parents as the first and most important caregivers who partner with early childhood teachers in nurturing children.
- Provides a daily schedule that balances active and quiet times, individual interactions with small and large group participation, child-initiated and teacher-directed activities.
- Implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum based on the view that children learn best when they are actively exploring a carefully constructed environment in the company of loving, professionally prepared teachers.
- Offers "Pathways to Science," a specialized, staff-developed curriculum that fosters children’s critical thinking.
Early Care and Education
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (310) 825-5086 | Fax: (310) 825-4449
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1785